Unplugged: As They Grow – Limits or Unlimited Access
In this second video of our series on screens – Unplugged: As They Grow – Limits or Unlimited Access – we move from talking about the needs of younger children around the use of screens to the needs of older children from seven to pre-teens. Even if your children don’t fall in this age range, this short 20 minute video may give you some ideas for something you are struggling with at your child’s current age – or give you something to think about for the future.
In this video, I...
• ask you to observe your child’s use of, or desire for screen time and the effect that technology has on them;
• discuss the need for limits on technology depending on your individual child;
• encourage you to approach screen time rules and limits in collaboration with your child;
• provide ideas for transitioning away from a screen with children of different ages and temperaments; and
• touch on the effects of ambient media on children.
If this sounds like information that you could use in your family, please join us for the second video in our Unplugged Series!
You may download the audio but right/ctrl - clicking here.